2022 – Freeride day meet up – Whistler// 05 March 2022
Please be aware that this is a non-coached, COVID-aware event. The goal of this activity is to facilitate meeting new riding buddies and have fun in the mountains with other women. By registering for this event, you understand that safety is the responsibility of each participant.
Les Chevres, Burton & Nordica are joining forces to create a Women Freeride Meetup. Spend a day riding with experienced skiers and snowboarders to help push your limits and have fun on bigger terrain.
We’ll start the day with morning Escape Coffee Roasters coffee and gear chat led by Burton and Nordica ambassadors. Learn how your equipment setup can be a game changer for your progression on snow while having the opportunity to try different skis and boards throughout the day.
Next, we’ll explore the nooks and crannies of Whistler Blackcomb to practice some technical freeride elements. This is your chance to learn from other women by sharing techniques, ideas, experiences, and all while having a maximum of fun!
Because this is freeriding; you’ll learn to play with the terrain and add your unique riding style to it. But most of all, it’s about sharing all this beautiful energy and passion for the sport with others.
- Gear clinic from Burton and Nordica ambassadors
- Demo boards and skis available to try for the day
- Snacks from our sports nutritionnist and coffee from Escape Coffee Roasters
- Giveaways from Burton and Nordica
- Après-ski drink
- Professional photos during the event
- Lift ticket
- Ski or snowboard boots
- Bring your own equipment (ski & snowboard). The brands might not have your size in their demo Fleet.
- Being comfortable riding expert-level slopes (black runs) and looking to developp confidence in freeeride style features (think trees, alpine features, steep, narrow terrain, drops)
Les Chevres creates unique events designed to offer memorable experiences for passionate outdoor enthusiasts and those new to the outdoor community. We hope to inspire, teach and have fun while providing lessons and tools to participants to allow them to start or progress in one or more outdoor sports. We welcome all women and girls (transgender and cisgender) as well as non-binary people who identify with the women’s community.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Reserve your spot