2022 – Avalanche Safety Training 2 (AST2) | Whistler// 05 February 2022
Over two weekends : 05-06 of February AND 12-13 of February
Les Chevres partnered with The Women Backcountry Series and MSAA to offer you an all-women AST 2 Course. A friendly space to ask all of your questions and learn with and from other women.
The course consists of one classroom day and 3 days of extensive outdoor field sessions on the mountain focusing on terrain analysis, snowpack assessment and rescue skills.We provide you with the know-how to easily formulate a logical, concise and dependable safety plan for backcountry skiing or riding. You will learn to bring together critical information and resources into one unique integrated plan.
We have designed this as a step by step, regimented approach which is time efficient and highly effective. This greatly facilitates the task and ensures a plan is made and implemented prior to skiing or riding. This plan will form the basis of decision making as to where and how the next day’s skiing will safely take place.
The Avalanche Skills Training Level 2 course is designed for students who have already taken the AST 1 Course or for experienced backcountry skiers & riders looking to broaden their avalanche skills. MSAA’s in-depth course meets and surpasses the Canadian Avalanche Centre requirements with additional MSAA curriculum.
- Avalanche Skills Training Level 2 Certificate (upon successful completion)
- Decision Making in Avalanche Terrain Fieldbook
- Canadian Avalanche Association Mandatory Student Fee
- Use of Snow Study Kit with Thermometer, Crystal Screen and Loupe
- Recommended Reading: Students are encouraged to purchase ‘Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain’ to aid their learning
- Lift tickets(If you do not have a season pass or Epic Pass or Edge Card, you can purchase a backcountry ticket from MSAA for $59)
- Backcountry Equipment (Discount for Rentals will be sent via the confirmation email)
TO BUY A TICKET, CLICK ON THIS LINK
Organizers : MSAA
Photographer: Simon Havenhand
Reserve your spot