2022 – Avalanche Safety Training 1 (AST1) | Whistler// 08 January 2022
08-09 janvier 2022
Ready to start adventuring in the backcountry? Don’t only rely on your “more experienced friends” to take you out. Safety is the responsibility of every member of the group. Gaining knowledge and developing your skills to recognize avalanche terrain, signs of instability and to practice companion rescue are fundamentals!
Les Chevres partnered with The Women Backcountry Series and MSAA to offer you an all-women AST 1 Course. A friendly space to ask all of your questions and learn with and from other women.
The course begins with an online digital pre-course video and questionnaire. The theory portion of the course is a full day and held in a comfortable classroom.
The practical portion of the course is held in true backcountry, world class terrain that is easily accessible in a timely manner. This serves to maximize the time our student’s spend to develop their skills as well as provide the best quality terrain for an optimal learning environment.
- Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 Certificate (upon successful completion)
- Backcountry Avalanche Awareness Book
- Avaluator Booklet and Avaluator Slope Assessment Field Card
- Canadian Avalanche Association Mandatory Student Fee
- Companion Rescue Field Card
- Use of Snow Study Kit with Thermometer, Crystal Screen and Loupe
- 30-minute Pre-Course Interactive Lesson and Video
- Lift tickets(If you do not have a season pass or Epic Pass or Edge Card, you can purchase a backcountry ticket from MSAA for $59)
- Backcountry Equipment (Discount for Rentals will be sent via the confirmation email)
TO BUY A TICKET CLICK HERE :
Organizers : MSAA
Photographer: Simon Havenhand
Reserve your spot