2021 – Intro to Backcountry Skiing & Splitboarding | Whistler// 11 December 2021
Are you just starting out?
Les Chevres partnered with The Women Backcountry Series and MSAA to offer you an all-women Intro to Backcountry Course. A friendly space to ask all of your questions and learn with and from other women.
This one-day course is designed to introduce you to the gear and the basic skills you will need to begin to explore the backcountry. No backcountry experience is required however you should be confident skiing ungroomed blue/intermediate runs. This is a fun and educational day in the backcountry adjacent to Whistler Blackcomb. We are adding a Les Chevres’ touch for a friendly atmosphere -healthy snacks, our classic Apres post course and gifts from our partners.
Skills you will be introduced to:
- Basic avalanche rescue
- Terrain analysis
- Track setting
- Uphill and downhill skiing technique
- Route finding
- Tree skiing
- Trip planning.
We spend a full day skiing and riding while covering uphill and downhill skills in powder, equipment use and safety awareness.
- Certified Instructor
- 1x snack
- Apres at Hunter Gather
- Gifts and giveaways from our partners
- Discounts for rentals at Escape Route and EVO in Whistler
- Lift tickets(If you do not have a season pass or Epic Pass or Edge Card, you can purchase a backcountry ticket from MSAA for $59)
- Backcountry Equipment (Discount for Rental will be sent via the confirmation email)
- Lunch & Beverages
TO BUY A TICKET, CLICK ON THIS LINK
Organizers : MSAA
Photographer: Daniel O’Keefe
Reserve your spot